Re: Bugs, usertags, and including more people

On 8/3/05, Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:
> Margarita Manterola wrote:
> > One of the things that I proposed in my talk during Debconf5 is to
> > have a friendlier bug interface that allows for bugs to be sorted on
> > the language (c, python, perl, etc) of the code, and the difficulty of
> > solving them (trivial, easy, interesting, tedious, difficult
> > guru-level).
>
> debtags already tags many packages WRT langugage, so couldn't that be
> used for the language side of things to avoid duplicating work?

Well, I thought of this, yes.  But there are times when a program uses
more than one language.  For example, Oregano (an electronics program
that I help maintain) is coded in C, uses a lot of GTK, but also has
some perl scripts... So, if a bug occured in a perl script, it would
show up as a C+GTK bug, which it is not...

In any case, it _would_ be nice to make use of the debtags, since in
most cases the language tag would be appropiate, I just haven't
figured out how to do both.

--
Besos,
Marga