Re: [RFC] Software Process Improvement in Free Software, Closing the Quality Cycle, Inventing Non-Developer-Demotivating QA/QM/SPI

On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 07:12 +0100, Thomas Schorpp wrote:
> as i see you try to maintain quality in debian efficently.
>
> ive been thinking for months now about inventing and adopting
> the SPI-standards cmm(x), spice, iso12207, and iso 9001,
> etc, in free sw's lifecycles
> and would like to ask you about comments and discussion.

This sounds quite interesting, but I wonder if there is enough knowledge
about these things in the Debian community to even have a meaningful
discussion? It seems that issues about "process" are generally frowned
upon, and it is a frequent topic for flamewars on the debian-devel list
(and elsewhere).

In this sense, I would probably suggest to begin by trying to inform and
educate the community in this area, and gradually build a knowledge base
to enable this discussion.

--
Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe@paniq.net>