Re: commons-collections in main

Arnaud Vandyck wrote:

> Thanks, note that with this package in main, I'm able to move two other
> java packages to main... and with these two, more (and more, and
> more...) ;-)
>
> http://java.debian.net/index.php/MovingJavaToMain

May I ask how you're dealing with the architecture coordination problem?
Otherwise all the java packages are probably going to have lots of trouble
getting into 'testing'.  :-(

Kaffe currently builds only for i386, mips, mipsel, powerpc (but is still
uploaded as an 'any' package).  It would probably be better to upload it as
a restricted-architecture package for the time being, so that new kaffe
could get into testing.  Ean Schuessler has mysteriously been unwilling to
do this.

gij-3.3 works (to some extent) for alpha, arm, hppa, i386, ia64, m68k,
powerpc, s390, sparc (not mips, mipsel).

If you want to get stuff into 'testing' which depends on one or the other
(only), I hope you have a plan for it.  (It seems that any package which
works on *both* kaffe and gij is currently OK for all architectures, which
is nice.)

--
Make sure your vote will count.
http://www.verifiedvoting.org/