Bug-Squashing Party #6 on November 9-11

Hello all,

The sixth Bug-Squashing Party for woody will take place on the second
weekend of November: Friday 9th to Sunday 11th. Our goal is to fix
release-critical bugs, especially those filed against base and
standard/task packages.

If you'd like to have an advance look at what needs to be done and warn
of any non-maintainer uploads you think will be needed, please do. There
are convenient interfaces to the lists of bugs in base and standard/task
packages at http://base.debian.net/ and http://standard.debian.net/
respectively. The full list of release-critical bugs can be found at
http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/. Please concentrate
particularly on RC bugs that have been open for a long time.

We welcome help from developers and non-developers alike. Since
substantial care should be taken with uploads of base and standard
packages, we expect a lot of the work to consist of reproducing and
diagnosing problems, with which anyone can help. If uploads are needed,
there will be developers around throughout the party to review patches.

As usual, the bug-squashing party will be co-ordinated in the
#debian-bugs IRC channel on the OpenProjects network (IRC server
irc.debian.org). It will start at 17:00 UTC on Friday 9th and continue
until Sunday afternoon.

Hope to see you all there!