Re: SSH2 / x11 forwarding

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 03:32:44PM -0500, Erik Dykema wrote:
> 	I believe that I have found a bug / hole in the packaging related to
> ssh2 / xauth.

ssh2 has been removed from Debian unstable, so there will be no further
bug fixes to that package. You might mean the ssh package, though?

> 	In order for X11 forwarding to work, sshd needs to run xauth, which is
> included in the xbase-clients package, but is not a pre-req for ssh2, or
> generally for x clients (sich as xemacs21).

That's correct. X11 forwarding isn't a required feature of ssh, so
there's no dependency. It's in the Suggests: field of ssh, though
(although it doesn't seem to have been in ssh2's Suggests:).

Cheers,