Re: Ideal directory structure?

Il giorno sab, 30/01/2010 alle 09.42 -0500, Guy Hulbert ha scritto:
> On Sat, 2010-30-01 at 15:32 +0100, Pietro Battiston wrote:
> > ./appname
> > ./appnamelib/__init__.py
>
> appending lib to everything is really ugly* ...

I don't find ugly to signal that a library is a library...

(regardless if it is used or not by other apps, and where it gets hence
installed)

> is it because
>
> ./appname.py
> ./appname/__init__.py
>
> fails to work ?

Also, yes.

> [*] And the debian perl group pre-pend 'lib' to all the packaged perl
> modules so you'd have libappnamelib-V.deb

I'm not following you here.

Notice that in neither of my mails I proposed a particular schema of
debian packaging (though so far I never found inconsistencies between my
upstream behaviour and possible debian packaging choices).

Pietro