Python 3.0 ?

I see a query for 2.6 in the October mail archive but didn't find
anything on the main Debian site about 3.0 ... as I write (but after
subscribing :-), I recall that there is also a wiki to check now.

Ok.  Nothing on the wiki.  Can't see 2.6 there either.

I already glanced at the policy document.

Can anyone fill me in on what's up.  I think I saw 2.6 for sid in the
package thingummy ... I may have a little time to try building a 3.0
package if there's any interest.

--
--gh