help with writing a PEP to ease software distribution

Hi List,

I started with a troll on the pycon-uk list. The discussion landed on
distutils-sig. It looks like it may end up with something good.

Here are the public threads:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/distutils-sig/2008-September/010007.html
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/distutils-sig/2008-September/010010.html

Here is where we stand today:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/distutils-sig/2008-September/010126.html

Could some people from the Debian-Python team help out with this? At
Logilab, we have been making Python packages for years, but we are not
the authors of python-support nor python-central nor the Debian Python
Policy and what would be really nice were that these people
contribute to the PEP for they have even more experience than we do.

Making a consistent and spell-checked document and advocating it I can
do. Doing the necessary reading, testing and writing it alone I do not
have time.

Would you mind joining the discussion on distutils-sig at
http://www.python.org/community/sigs/current/distutils-sig/list/ ?

--
Nicolas Chauvat