[RFC] hijacking of python-soappy

[ Please Cc:-me on replies, I'm not subscribed to d-python ]

Hi all,
  python-soappy has been maintained by NMUs for the last 3 years.

Since I needed the new upstream release (which integrates 2 patches from
the team I'm working with), after discussing the issue on #debian-python
I decided to hijack the package and to change the maintainer to the
debian python modules team (with me as an uploader of course).

The result of my draft work is available at:

  svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/python-modules/packages/python-soappy
  (or svn://svn.debian.org/python-modules/packages/python-soappy)

the .orig.tar.gz tarball can be obtained from sourceforge or, without
the need of renaming it, from:

  http://www.bononia.it/~zack/stalla/python-soappy_0.12.0~rc1.orig.tar.gz

Since it's an hijacking and since I'm rather a newcomer at python
packaging I would be glad if someone can have a look at my work to check
I didn't do anything (too) stupid.  Especially comments from the people
who performed the numerous NMUs in the last years would be appreciated.

I will be testing the package in the next few days and then I'll upload
it in the delayed queue.

Many thanks in advance,
Cheers.