Re: dpkg-repack warnings: what effect?

Le lun 24 juillet 2006 19:52, Adeodato Simó a écrit :
> * Pierre Habouzit [Mon, 24 Jul 2006 17:11:14 +0200]:
> > just FYI, it's not mandatory [XB-Python-Version], one can use
> > debian/pyversions instead (with python-support).
>
> Hm. I can see how debian/pyversions can substitute XS-Python-Version
> (both are available only at build time), but I fail to see how it can
> substitute XB-Python-Version which is presumably needed at install
> time. (I'm not very familiar with how pycentral works, though.)
>
> I agree that having Python-Version in binary packages is dislikeable.
> Out of curiosity, Matthias, would be a DEBIAN/pyversions file able to
> provide the same information to pycentral?

I don't know pycentral at all, and not pysupport enough to know *why*,
but I know for sure pysupport do not need the XB-Python-Version at all.

afaict, it seems reading the code that it uses a special custom registry
in /usr/share/python-version/.version or sth like that. if you need
more insight on this, ask Josselin, I suppose he can tell you how that
works deep inside.
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit