What GUI lib to choose: GTK, TK, WX, QT, other?

Hi all,
I'm almost new to python and I'm even almost sure that this could be
not the right place where ask this, but we do have in common the
interest in Debian and the interest in Python, so I'll do the same...
:))

Since I would use python for some new projects, and I'd like to have
them graphical, I'm wondering what is the best gui to choose.

I've seen that tk would be the easier (but even a bit unpretty) to
embrace, wx would be the more portable, etc.

I'd like to hear from you what each library would offer regarding
portability, easy development/usage, beautifullness in the resulting
app, etc.

Thanks in advance,
Sandro

--