Re: Quick poll on what's best

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006, Joe Wreschnig wrote:
> So you're removing one of the control fields while adding yet another
> one in your previous mail?

I'm not removing it... I'm transfering responsibility of that field
to python-central. I want dh_python to be used by everybody so that we
have sane and consistent dependencies across the distribution.

dh_python would not have been used by everybody if I kept its dependency
on that XS-Python-Version field. So I looked for a new common denominator
that could be used to know which policy version to follow and the nicest
solution that I have found is the Python-Standards-Version field proposed
recently.

Raphaël Hertzog