Re: Python-Standards-Version

Pierre Habouzit (madcoder@debian.org):
> Le jeu 15 juin 2006 10:50, Piotr Ozarowski a écrit :
> > I think a better idea is to use Standards-Version as we did before
> > (version 3.8.0 should be released)
>
> well the thing is there is no way to track all the packages that *have*
> to follow the python subpolicy, and that makes the work of tracking
> them for transition harder.
>
> I think/thought it makes sense that a source package lists all the
> subpolicies it's supposed to follow, because it makes our lifes easier.

You can't bump Standards-Version number if your package is not following
*all* standards (i.e subpolicies).

The fact is that python policy is not official yet (at least document on
d.o is not updated) and
/usr/share/doc/debian-policy/upgrading-checklist.txt.gz
doesn't mention about new python policy at all.

--
-=[     Piotr Ozarowski     ]=-
-=[ http://www.ozarowski.pl ]=-