Re: Support for Python2.1 and Python2.2

Andreas Rottmann writes:
> Hi!
>
> I wonder how long source packages that build binary packages for
> multiple versions (2.{1,2,3}) should continue to build packages for
> the old Python versions. IMHO, this should be documented somewhere
> (Policy?). Is there any timeline how long Python 2.2 and 2.1 should
> stay in the archive?

they stay as long as they are needed.

- python2.1 is needed at least by zope and jython

- python2.2 is needed at least by zope (2.6.2) and jython2.2 (currently
  alpha) and probably more packages.

- python1.5 should have gone a long time ago ... Debian won't be the
  python museum on the net. I'll propose it's removal after the next
  release.

I think there is no need to talk about in the policy.

	Matthias