Re: blog.debian.org - going forward

On Tue, Mar 06, 2012 at 09:36:10AM +0100, Francesca Ciceri wrote:
> While I basically agree with this proposal, I'd like to have a sort of
> Blog Team (i.e. people who works specifically on blog.d.o) to handle the
> publication of contents and to give ack/nack about it.
> Something like editorial staff, to handle things like regular columns.
> (Yeah, I've already some ideas on columns for blog.d.o)
>
> Not sure about it, so I'd like to hear other thoughts on this.
> But it seems reasonable to me that people who decide to regularly
> work on blog.d.o (and not necessarily on other -publicity stuff)
> form an editorial staff.

So, essentially, you want to know a team of people on which you'll
instantiate the ack/nack idea. That's fine by me. The only issue is how
to bootstrap that, as none hasn't yet contributed to blog.d.o (as we
don't have it yet :-)). I guess we can simply start with calling for
volunteers and, after a first few rounds of posts / editorial work will
see who is actually contributing and who is not. Does that make sense to
you?

FWIW, I volunteer as editor (and I'm also ready to be kicked out
brutally at the first "reality check" of contributions, once you'll
discover I've been doing nothing :-P).

> > I don't know Movable Type well enough to understand how authentication
> > will work, but I expect it to support different level of users
> It does.

Cool, thanks for confirming.

> So, what do you think about it?

Hear hear, comments welcome!