GPL-like numbers, and monetary value [Was: DPN 04/2012 frozen. Please review and translate]

Hi,

Le 18/02/2012 07:16, Francesca Ciceri a écrit :

> As usual, the issue is available on the publicity subversion repository,
> even via HTTP:
> http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/publicity/dpn/en/current/index.wml?view=co

Thanks Francesca,

I'm wondering about John Sullivan' numbers in the GPL article: Russ,
since you often check for such numbers in order to include licenses in
/usr/share/common-licenses, can you please confirm the claim that “93%
of Debian Squeeze's packages are released under licences in the GPL
family (including the GPL, the Affero GPL and LGPL)”?

I'm also having some heavy doubts about the “Monetary value of Debian
Wheezy”: Debian is really not about market crap, and evaluating the
value of Debian is dollars is IMHO a really poor view of what Debian
actually represents. Can we please remove this article, or at least
shorten it in the “Other News” part of the DPN?

Regards

David