Re: "welcome" part in DPN

Le 2011-12-20 13:45, David Prévot a écrit :
Le 20/12/2011 13:56, Filipus Klutiero a écrit :

[…] for sure Andreas Beckmann was not very new when
we sent this year's eleventh issue.
He was a new Debian Maintainer and was welcome as such.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2011/07/msg00002.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-newmaint/2011/06/msg00000.html

I know Andreas was newly an official "Debian Maintainer", but he wasn't welcomed as a new Debian Maintainer. Quoting http://www.debian.org/News/weekly/2011/11/index.en.html#newcontributors :

Please welcome Dominique Dumont, Pino Toscano, Michael Tokarev, Andres Mejia, Antonio Terceiro, Nicholas Bamber, Arno Töll, Andreas Beckmann, Felix Geyer, Julien Lavergne, Jameson Graef Rollins, Cristian Henzel, Hsin-Yi Chen, Philippe Le Brouster, Thomas Preud'homme, Sebastian Ramacher, Tim Weippert, Alex Morega, Dmitry Shachnev, Roger A. Light, Grzegorz Kolorz, Michele Gastaldo, Damien Caliste, Eshat Cakar, Andrew Gainer, Petr Baranov, Florian Schlichting, Sebastian Holtermann, Luis Henriques, Evan Broder, John Paulett and Hendrik Rittich into our project!

Everyone is simply welcomed to the Debian project. At the risk of repeating myself, what would happen if, for example, I was to package something? Would I be "welcomed" to the Debian project?
Please, double check your statements in order avoid someone else waste
her time to understand them.

If you want to propose another wording for new maintainers or new
developers, you've already been advised to actually *provide* something
useful

Please see http://lists.debian.org/debian-publicity/2011/01/msg00019.html