Re: "welcome" part in DPN

Hi Ana,

Le 2011-12-13 09:00, Ana Guerrero a écrit :
Hi,

> From a discussion in IRC: Have you considered removing the "welcome" part in
DPN? Quick arguments:

- it is not reliable (new email ->  you are new),
- it only welcomes people doing uploads or being sponsored (and we all know
the project have a lot of more kind of contributions)
- sometimes the DPN edition is sent like 6 weeks after the person 'joined'
so it is strange :)

Removing was not considered AFAIK, but issues with that section were already reported (at least in http://lists.debian.org/debian-publicity/2011/01/msg00019.html ). If we have to choose between keeping the section as is and removing, I wouldn't oppose to removal.