Re: Volunteering for your Publicity Team

Hi Melanie,

Thanks for volunteering! I'm CCing you on this mail since I'm not sure
if you are subscribed. Please join our mailing list and IRC channel:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-publicity/
irc://irc.debian.org/debian-publicity/

For some information about the team and how to contribute to Debian
Project News, please take a look at these two wiki pages:

http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Publicity
http://wiki.debian.org/ProjectNews/HowToContribute

For a quick bitesized task, take a look at the to-do list for the next
newsletter, choose one item and send in a short writeup about it:

http://alioth.debian.org/scm/viewvc.php/*checkout*/dpn/en/current/index.wml?root=publicity&content-type=text%2Fplain

Contributions to the publicity team (and Debian in general) are open
to all so there is no need to give out your resume.

Generally we use text-based communication such as email and IRC rather
than voice. I don't think the press/publicity team uses it, but there
is a Mumble server open for Debian voice chat, more info here:

http://debian-party-line.branchable.com/

In case you want to help out with French translation within Debian,
please take a look at these pages:

http://www.debian.org/international/
http://www.debian.org/international/French
http://www.debian.org/international/french/
http://www.debian.org/international/l10n/po/fr
http://www.debian.org/international/l10n/po-debconf/fr
http://www.debian.org/devel/website/stats/fr
http://ddtp.debian.net/ddtss/index.cgi/fr

Just so you know, debian-news.net is not run by the Debian
press/publicity teams.

--
bye,
pabs