Re: New policy is not consensual

Hi Alexander,

Le 2011-11-02 11:17, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl a écrit :
Hi!

Am 17.10.2011 14:25, schrieb Raphael Hertzog:

I'm afraid there was no consensus in this decision.
By my counting (not including me or zack, who considers himself not an
active editor) it's a draw.

The DPN issue is not sent yet,
Yeah, and this policy decision should not be tied to the schedule
of this DPN issue. It's fine to drop the suggested entry for now until we
come to a consensus (or a clearer decision).
I agree.

If at the end is not reached a clear decision, I believe should be the
main editor (Alexander Reichle-Schmehl) who show us the way forward in
relation with fund raising initiatives.

Do you agree with this?
Yes. I hope that the input of the remaining members will help to build a
consensus. And if not I respect Alexander's authority to take a decision
on the matter.
Okay (and sorry again for the delay).

As you might have noticed, I send some mails.  Let's first see, if we
can reach a consensus, let's say... by the end of the week.

I'm afraid we can't reach a consensus on this... except on the fact that we lack consensus on the policy. I added a note to http://wiki.debian.org/ProjectNews/Guidelines#Policy to reflect the policy's status.

Thank you for your intervention