Re: Fund raising advertisement on the DPN

On Thu, 03 Nov 2011, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
> Assuming that a) and b) are okay and looking at [2] it seems that the
> "base funding" was reached.  So we the book will be translated (Correct
> me, if I'm wrong, Raphael).

That's correct.

Note that before the next DPN, I hope to have published a sample chapter
too, so that's also something more "concrete" that you can inform about.

> and tries to find a consensus.  The only difference is that the press
> team found its consensus quicker than the publicity team (which isn't a
> surprise given that it's smaller and the active part³ of the press team
> lives in the same household).

And the other difference is that a DPN article is nothing like a dedicated
press release. It has not the same impact and while the latter clearly
implies some sort of endorsement by Debian, the former doesn't
necessarily.

> 2: http://fr.ulule.com/debian-handbook/

Please use the English variant of this page:
http://www.ulule.com/debian-handbook/

Or even the link that contributes a part back to Debian:
http://debian-handbook.info/go/ulule-debian/
(cf http://debian-handbook.info/support-debian/)

Thank you Alexander for trying to find a solution acceptable by all
parties.
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer