Re: Fund raising advertisement on the DPN

On Wed, 02 Nov 2011, David Prévot wrote:
> > Apparently there is demand for Debian books
>
> It's not as if none were already available [1] (maybe this page needs
> update, and I'm pretty sure the @debian.org email addresses should be
> avoided there as in consulting [2], hint for the doc team, web team or
> any volunteer who could propose patches).
>
> 	1: http://www.debian.org/doc/books
> 	2: http://www.debian.org/consultants/info

I don't know of any English book that is up-to-date with Squeeze (or even
Lenny).

And I don't know of any English DFSG-free book about Debian.

(This is just for reference, I'm not commenting on the rest, I think
it would not bring anything)

> 	http://www.debian.org/devel/dmup

I always find that quoting the DMUP in such occassions is highly
unappropriate because when it was setup it was in response to a DD
distributing warez out of a debian.org machine. We're far from the scale
of this sort of abuse.

An informative paragraph in the DPN is far from "spamming" (which is what
the quoted paragraph is about).

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer