Re: Heads-up on some packages that may need attention - Is icedove dead?

17/08/2011 04:14, Cae Sium wrote:

> Debian news interested to know such info?
> So that this can be bring to light to the Debian community and hopefully
> someone who have interest/time/experience will join in to help?
>

> ##
> Icedove version : squeeze : 3.0.11-1
> Icedove version : wheezy  : 3.1.11-1
> Icedove version : sid     : 3.1.11-1
> Source :
> http://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=names&keywords=icedove
> <http://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=names&keywords=icedove>
>
> Thundebird version : 6.0 for Linux i686
> Source : https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird
> ##
>

> In case you ask,
>  - No, I am NOT a developer, so couldn't go and code icedove myself  :(
>

> Cheers
> Cae

Hi, not sure your message is directed at the right list, anyway you can
look into mozilla.debian.net for newer versions, use their tool to
create the line you need to add to your sources.list, something like
(mind line wrapping):

deb http://mozilla.debian.net/ squeeze-backports iceweasel-release
icedove-release

You can also include experimental and/or unstable to your sources,
usually newer versions land there first.

You can also use the version you want from mozilla direct.

But more importantly ask yourself why you need the latest version, is
the one you are using not working, or does it have an unpatched security
hole ? Otherwise I don't see anything wrong with the Icedove that's
available from Debian today.