Re: Internal communication - Mailing Lists Code of conduct

Filipus Klutiero <chealer@gmail.com>
> Le 2011-08-12 11:05, MJ Ray a écrit :
> > ObOffer: I'll configure IRC monitoring of #debian-publicity for and
> > subscribe any DD who wants to receive its output, if that's OK.
> > Or not if it's not.
> Thank you. What does "ObOffer" mean? And could you detail your offer? I
> was thinking of something like http://thegrebs.com/irc/ or
> have in mind? Email digests?

ObOffer = Obligatory Offer.  Analagous to ObTopic.  I didn't feel that
I should write such an email without offering some small step that I
thought might help.

I was thinking of email digests of channel activity matching patterns.
I thought that would be less intrusive than putting it on the web and
it would also avoid people having to read pages of irrelevant spew,
which IRC can be very good at generating sometimes.  People could
still discuss off-topic stuff and probably be ignored.

Hope that explains,
Webmaster, Debian Developer, Past Koha RM, statistician, former lecturer.
Available for hire for various work through http://www.software.coop/