Re: debian event box

Hi there!

On Fri, 22 Jul 2011 04:30:41 +0200, Luca Capello wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 10:23:27 +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
>> - we should make sure that the material fits properly in the Pelicase
>>   without packing it too much (which I seriously doubt) and also without
>>   leaving it too empty. Here at DebConf11 we have a Peli 1650, used by
>>   the video team, so if we can assemble most of the material we can
>>   easily do that
>
> While we have most of the material here at DebConf, I was unable to find
> a 17" LCD, which is actually the biggest item.  I have now cc:ed the
> debconf-discuss@ mailing list to reach a broader audience with my
> request.

Many thanks to Axel Beckert who helps Stefano and myself doing all the
in-case tests with his ViewSonic VA902 (4:3 19") and EeeBox, here the
layout, knowing that there are two layers available.

1) lowest layer: LCD, EeeBox and AP, adapters/cables.

   There is space for a 19" if the stand is removable.  Actually, if the
   screen ratio is 16:9, the stand could even not be a problem.

   There would be also space for a beamer, admitting this is a small one
   and we also provide a sort of panel (not all the booth has
   space/surface to project on).

2) upper layer: keyboard/mouse, power strips, cash box, flyers, booth
   T-Shirts.

   Posters up to ISO 216 A1 can fit as well, but there will be the
   same problem as for the projector (i.e. the panel).

   The same applies to the leaflet rack often found on other booths
   (e.g. at our neighbor PostgreSQL at FOSDEM 2011), thus we will
   probably need a separate shipment (anyway that is the case for
   merchandising stuff like T-Shirts).

Now we should decide which exact hardware we want to buy for the *first*
Debian Events Box ;-)

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca