Re: Reporting spam in archive for debian-publicity list

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 07:09:29PM +0200, Francesca Ciceri wrote:
> Hi all,
> following the example of what are doing Christian Perrier and others for
> debian-boot ML and -french lists (and what the www team is doing for
> debian-www ML), I've created a wiki page [1] to coordinate the report of
> spam in the archive for the debian-publicity list.
>
> It's only needed that few people go through the list archive for every
> month and report all spam present, using the button "Report as Spam".
> That should get the messages listed for the next stage: the review by DDs
> of reported spam, via this page [2], and their removal.
>
> Spam needs to be reported by multiple people, so it can be usefule to
> coordinate the efforts through the wiki page.
> Here [3] you can find a list of the current anti-spam efforts, and here
> [4] some statistics about the review/removal process.
>
> TIA,
> Francesca (who really hates spam)
>
> [1] http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Publicity/SpamClean
> [2] http://lists.debian.org/cgi-bin/review/review2.pl?debian-publicity
> [3] http://wiki.debian.org/CategoryListArchiveSpam
> [4] http://lists.debian.org/archive-spam-removals/review/stats.html

Hello,

Francesca, thanks you for the explanations and the beginng of this work.
Let's clean our archives together :-)

BTW, it's interesting to read some posts from 2000's years.
e.g. I found RMS in -publicity ML:

 http://lists.debian.org/debian-publicity/2000/07/msg00011.html