Re: DebianDay - call for organization?!

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 03:16:52PM -0300, Valessio S Brito wrote:
> Does anyone have suggestions on how we can mobilize people to
> organize in advance the DebianDay[1]?
>
> [1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianDay
>
> - Make a footnote in DWN?
> - Some web banner?

Hello!
Thanks for your notice. It's very timely i think.

I think it will good to make some buzz in debian group at identi.ca about
calling for artwork and also about organazing Debian Days in different
places. Announcement in DPN will be good too in my opinion.

But before this we should a little reorganization of DebianDay wiki page.
Maybe add some photos (or give links) from Debian Days of previous years.
It will make Debian Day page more alive.

Also we can reorganize this year Debian Day wiki page [0] like it was for
Squeeze Release Party [1] (i.e. add button "Add your city"). Maybe it was
coincidence, but Squeeze Release Party was most active according to number of
countries and cities listed on appropriate page. You can check it by yourself
if you don't believe ;-)

 0 : http://wiki.debian.org/DebianDay2011
 1 : http://wiki.debian.org/ReleasePartySqueeze

By the way, as addition for current listed artwork (logos, banners, poster,
flyers and T-Shirts) can be Debian B-Day countdown like it was for Squeeze
release.

Sorry if the message is too messy.