Re: Bruce Byfield: Documentation and Free Software

On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 01:12:42PM +0200, Andreas Neudecker wrote:
> > So, when sharing, can you please add a note on why you are doing
> > that and what you think we should do with it? That would really help.
>
> Sure: I thought it might be interesting for the Debian Project News, a)
> because the Debian gdm3 is specifically mentioned, but, more
> importantly, because Debian is a huge FOSS project with a lot of
> documentation, but also quite a few with meager docs; but again, in some
> cases, with man files generated for Debian where none existed before.
> All in all I find this topic very important for Debian (and FOSS in
> general). So I thought, other Debian people might also be interested.

Thanks for clarifying.  If you'd like to be involved even more with
-publicity, it might help in the future if you could also propose some
draft text we could use as a basis.

> > Additionally, in your only two posts to this list I could find, you seem
> > to be fond of sharing with us mostly negative articles about Squeeze; is
> > that a coincidence or is there a purpose in that we should understand?
>
> Don't you think making up a trend out of 2 postings is a little strong? ;-)

Well, I asked here exactly to avoid making up a trend out of the blue.

Thanks for your contributions,
Cheers.