Re: Debian Project News 2011/4 frozen. Please review and translate

On 2011-03-11 20:08, Francesca Ciceri wrote:
Hi!

We just finished the last bits for the latest issue of the Debian Project News
to be released on Monday. I would appreciate reviews and translations.

Thank you Francesca. Here are my remarks:

Not only was Debian named as the <q>Best Open Source Server
field and in the definition of free software standards and processes, but
it also won the prestigious award for <q>Outstanding contribution to Open
Source/Linux/Free Software</q>,
presented by Karsten Gerloff, the President the Free Software Foundation
Europe, who donned a snazzy Debian tie just for the occasion.

"the President the Free Software Foundation Europe" should probably read "President of the Free Software Foundation Europe".

Debian named the most important Linux
/cough cough/
Is "Linux" a common noun now? I imagine a "distribution" is missing. Usually we don't refer to GNU/Linux as "Linux" but as "GNU/Linux".

It's not quite true to say
that, if you can think of a specialty, then there is at least one Debian or
Ubuntu derivative is designed for it.
This would deserve a "[sic]".

Debian Project Secretary Kurt Roeckx published the timeline for this
year's <a
href="http://lists.debian.org/20110304183818.GA24016@roeckx.be";>Debian
project leader elections</a>.

Shouldn't elections be singular? It's only the election of one DPL AFAIK.

From Saturday, March 12 until
April 1, candidates will campaign and discuss, followed by the
actuall voting period from Saturday, April 2, 2011 until Friday, April
15 2011.
"actuall " is a typo for "actual". It's not needed to specify 2011, but if we do commas should be consistent, so "April 15, 2011".

Various pro and cons were exchanged including possible
problems with DNSSEC and different approaches based upon <a
href="http://packages.debian.org/apt-spy";>apt-spy</a> or <a
href="http://packages.debian.org/netselect-apt";>netselect-apt</a>, or DNS
based approaches.
"pro" should be plural.

APT Developer Michael Vogt posted some hints that apt
recently had a useful feature <a
href="http://lists.debian.org/20110310195547.GA24278@localhost";>added</a>
for a similar purpose, allowing general <tt>deb mirrors://</tt> lines
to be specified as apt sources.

"Developer" should be lowercase.

Beside having per package graphs, it's now also
possible to have data for multiple packages consolidated into a single
graph, or graphs <a
href="http://qa.debian.org/data/bts/graphs/by-maint/tolimar.png";>per
maintainer</a>.

I believe "Beside" should have an "s".

Cyril Brulebois published the <a
href="http://blog.ikibiki.org/2011/03/04/DXN-7/";>seventh issue of the
now.
This should actually talk about bug *reports*.

<li><a href="http://packages.debian.org/unstable/main/linux-support-2.6.37-2";>linux-support-2.6.37-2 &mdash; Support files for Linux 2.6.37</a></li>
This isn't newsworthy.

<li><a href="http://packages.debian.org/unstable/main/mozilla-openoffice.org";>mozilla-openoffice.org &mdash; office productivity suite -- Mozilla plugin</a></li>
Is mozilla-openoffice.org really new in unstable? It's already in squeeze.