Possible entry for next DPN

Hi everybody,

[Apart from the shameless plug, I'm not really sure if this is something
worth or welcome in the DPN, but I thought it can't hurt to ask :) ]

I'd like to propose an entry about the d-community-offtopic mailing
list. Holger Levsen was kind enough to host it with the d-community
project when #425439 (wishlist bug asking for a debian-offtopic list)
was marked wontfix by the listmaster. Since then the list saw little
activity, but following a recent thread on d-u [1] I started thinking it
might be due to the lack of exposure.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2011/02/msg02916.html

I understand if you are not happy advertising this list, which is seen
by many as a waste of Debian resources for something useless (offtopic
discussions), but if you do consider it please see below a proposed
text. It sounds a bit too much like advertising for my taste, but I lack
better inspiration at the moment.

-----

A Debian -offtopic mailing list

Ever wanted to discuss things completely unrelated to Debian or even
computers with fellow users or developers? On debian-user the custom is
to put [OT] in the subject and fire away.

Unfortunately this can be disrupting for uninterested subscribers
especially on a high volume mailing list like debian-user. Because of
this, with the kind support of Holger Levsen and the Debian Community
project[1] the d-community-offtopic list was created[2].

The list is open to anyone, just like most other Debian lists, so all
you have to do is to CC and set Reply-To to the list, so that whoever is
interested will know discussion is moving to that list. Have fun and be
excellent to each other!

[1] http://www.debian-community.org

-----

Thanks for reading,