Re: Publicity for the debiancd.org

El lun, 14-02-2011 a las 14:51 +0100, Gabor Kum escribió:
> Hello,

Hi Gabor,

> In the last year we started a project [1]. We are making Debian CDs, but not
> the usual way, as the other vendors. Our goal is to make not full sets of
> installation media (more DVDs), but a nice, factory-made CD, like Canonical
> makes for Ubuntu ShipIt.
> Why? Because a lot of people like "official" discs. Good to have it, good to
> touch it, use it, give to friends.
> We (2 contributors) decided to find some money, make these discs, send them
> worldwide (yes, really, except some countries, but we are working on this
> question), and give the profit to Debian.
> Till now 116 discs ordered from 27 countries [2], but we think that we can
> make much more, if we can have some publicity.
>
> Could you help us?

You're listed at the Vendors of Debian CDs page [1], but Debian can't
choose any vendor as "official". In the Publicity Team we can mention
the option to acquire an installation media with nice art work from the
Vendors of Debian CDs page, but nothing related to publicity for one
vendor in particular.

If you find an alternative we're going very glad to help you. (As an
example - and is just an idea -, we can promote Debian related events,
so maybe you want to contact the organization team of an event to
promote your Debian CDs.)

Best Regards,

P.S. Thanks for your hard work making cool Debian installation media ;-)

[1] http://www.debian.org/CD/vendors/index.en.html#hu
--
Fernando C. Estrada