Re: news about debian-women wiki

Jonathan Evans wrote:
> Sorry, but "there's" is a contraction of "there is" and is by preference to be
> avoided as it is lazy English. It's not acceptable!
>
> Similarly "don't", "isn't", "it's" are all to be avoided as they technically
> make no sense whatsoever - you are contracting "do not", "is not". and "it is".
>
> The only appropriate use of 's is to form the possessive of a noun or
> indefinite pronoun.
>
> It's often seen in written English I know, but if you think about it there's no
> sense in it.

Who's going to break it to the anglophone world that the language
they're all happily communicating in is meaningless?

Being more convenient doesn't make a construction less "acceptable".
If using contractions is "lazy", why is it okay to use pronouns in
place of explicit nouns, and elide repeated ones?

Please take your demented usage advice elsewhere.
--
JBR - and today's single word in West Greenlandic is:
Illartinngitsuursinnaanngilai "He couldn't help making them laugh"