Re: [Debconf-team] announce about debconf10 call for (monetary) help

On May 10, 2010, at 9:49 AM, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> On Fri, May 07, 2010 at 06:21:14PM +0200, Jeremiah Foster wrote:
>> Thanks - I'll incorporate the changes. Also, Ana G. sent some changes
>> which I'd like to incorporate as well.
>
> Wonderful! Do you have any news on this?
> I'd very much like to this completed and sent out.

Here it is, inlined:

DebConf is the Debian Project's developer conference. In addition to
a full schedule of technical, social and policy talks, DebConf
provides an opportunity for developers, contributors and other
interested people to meet in person and work together. It has taken
place annually since 2000 in locations as varied as Canada, Finland,
Mexico, Scotland, and Argentina. This year DebConf10 is in New York
City, New York, USA.

This year, as every year, a great deal of the burden for the
conference is placed on Debian volunteers who donate time and energy
to organizing the conference. Your help would be most welcome. If
you are interested in volunteering, you can contact
debconf-team [at] lists.debian.org.

Alternatively, you can help DebConf10 by donating money which will be
used to enable those Debian contributors who currently cannot attend
due to funding. You can contribute money by either becoming
a sponsor (if you are a company) or donating money as an individual.

As Raphael Geissert wrote on his blog: "DebConf10 needs your help!
That's right: it needs help from potential sponsors and donors to help
cover the costs implied by this event. If you are interested in becoming
a sponsor please contact sponsors [at] debconf.org, or if you want to
make a donation please visit the DebConf10 donations page."[0]

Companies or organizations can, in addition to money donation, lend
equipment for the conference. Current sponsors of DebConf10 include
Canonical, HP, Collabora, Bytemark, Univention, and Google; we thank
them for their support already!

An updated schedule is available as well.[1]

0. http://debconf10.debconf.org/payments.xhtml
1. http://debconf10.debconf.org/dates.xhtml

Jeremiah