Re: -publicity instruction for Debian Developers

On Tue, May 04, 2010 at 09:49:23AM +0200, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
> >Does this make any sense or should rather be dropped and never be seen
> >again? As a random DD, the above information would be useful to me,
> >maybe it would be for other too ...
>
> In general it's a good idea and long outstanding point on my over
> long todo list ;)

Wonderful!

> However, during the publicity BoF at DC9, there was also the
> proposal (IIRC by sledge), to introduce a kind of "delayed
> moderation" to debian-devel-announce.  It seems we never opened a
> bug report for that, so I do so now:

Yup, I noticed that too, and FWIW I liked the idea. It can be a useful
"countermeasure" to avoid misuse of d-d-a.

Still, that seems to me a nice complement to proper instructions on how
to use the -publicity "services" for project members. I think there is
quite some ignorance on the subject or, at least, I was suffering of
that ignorance.  If my draft text was OK-ish, I suggest doing both:
implementing the delay and publishing proper instructions under your
Team/ page (I can do that if you want); also I believe you should
announce that instructions to the project.

Just my 0.02€,
Cheers.