Re: Welcome to our 2010 Debian Google Summer of Code students!

On Mon, May 03, 2010 at 04:47:52PM +0200, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
> >I’d like to extend a warm welcome to our selected students for the
> >2010 Debian Google Summer of Code.
>
> Uhm... It would have been nice, to talk to us press folks in
> advance, as I really think that would have been worth to be
> "properly" announced (mail to debian-announce (or at least news);
> add as News item to our web page; pointing journalists there).

I definitely take part of the blame here. Obey pinged me on IRC, just
because he needed signature to send to d-d-a (hence I did that as a
regular DD); I should have thought about redirecting him to -publicity
instead.  Sorry about that, it won't happen again in the future.

While I'm at it, is it documented anywhere the work-flow to get a proper
announce via -publicity/press being a regular developer? I've skimmed
briefly through http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Publicity but I can't find
it. I'll be even more happy to obey the actual rules once I know them :)
(no, that's not supposed to be an excuse for not contacting you in the
above matter).

Cheers.