Re: page for listing donors for Debian Project?

Paul Wise wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 7:49 PM, Jeremiah Foster
> <jeremiah@jeremiahfoster.com> wrote:
> >        Gnutiken, an economic co-operative based in Gothenburg, Sweden
> > (http://gnutiken.se/) would like to be a partner with debian. [...]
> >        What is the best way for Gnutiken to participate in the debian
> > partner program?
>
> As a start, please take a look at the partners web pages:
>
> http://www.debian.org/partners/
> http://www.debian.org/partners/partners
> http://www.debian.org/partners/partners-form
>
> Sounds like Gnutiken would be more of a development partner than
> service partner at the current stage of it's life. There are various
> ways your members could help with Debian development, here are some
> ideas that may or may not qualify Gnutiken for "Debian partner"
> status, but would certainly help Debian.

Has any tech worker co-op ever achieved "Debian partner" status?

Unless the co-op supplies equipment, the criteria look pretty
unattainable, unless debian has some need for paid maintainers,
technical service or consulting that isn't widely known.

How up-to-date is the partner list?  Black Cat Networks are
listed, but I think they are gone - the link goes to RapidSwitch
and http://www.earth.li/~noodles/blog/2007/08/new-house.html
says it was sold.  If you need a new domain registration partner,
software.coop would probably do it.

What does debian need that would qualify for partner status?
I think most co-ops work on the basis of giving when asked,
rather than offering random stuff we think might be wanted.

Thanks,
--
MJ Ray (slef)  Webmaster and LMS developer at     | software