Re: page for listing donors for Debian Project?

On Oct 20, 2009, at 12:40, Paul Wise wrote:

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 6:27 PM, MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> wrote:
Paul Wise wrote:
Put a call-out on debian-project asking for those DDs who are employed
by Debian if their employers would be willing to listed on our
website.

I don't think this should be restricted to employers.  Cooperatives
which allow their DDs to work on debian during business time should be
equally acceptable.

Apologies for my choice of words. In any case, Debian doesn't appear
to have any partners that are cooperatives, at least according to the
Debian partners web page. If you know that one of the Debian partners
is a cooperative, it might be a good idea to amend the web page. If
your cooperative would like to become a Debian partner, that would be
excellent.

Gnutiken, an economic co-operative based in Gothenburg, Sweden (http://gnutiken.se/ ) would like to be a partner with debian. Gnutiken is a co-operative that sells hardware, courses, and services based on Free Software. We sell computers that run only free software for example, hold courses on getting started with GNU / Linux, provide office space to free software hackers, like Andreas Nilsson who works for the Mozilla Foundation, and provide a space for various free software projects to use, like the Gothenburg Hacker Space and Ubuntu Sweden who are having a release party for Karmic on the 29th of October.

We'd love to be a debian partner. We may not have the economic means at the moment since we are just starting up, we've only been legally registered with the tax authorities for that last month or so, so we don't possess all the resources many debian partners have. But I have maintained the Swedish dictionary in debian for a while now and participate with packaging in the debian-perl group which I have been doing for years. The operating systems we support at Gnutiken are all debian-based, except for Fedora. (We want to provide some diversity.) We would love to contribute back to debian in any way we can, and we work hard promoting debian.

What is the best way for Gnutiken to participate in the debian partner program?

Thanks!

Jeremiah Foster