Re: [DRAFT FOR REVIEW] Government owned IT enterprise SERPRO selected Debian GNU/Linux for its servers and wish to collaborate

On Saturday 30 August 2008 3:33:02 pm Michael Banck wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 09:21:02AM -0300, Andre Felipe Machado wrote:

> > I heavily modified the draft [0], turned it more like an inverted

> > pyramid, moved and trimmed text, less paragraphs, and invite for

> > reviewing and improving it at british english language.

> > The target audience is government agencies decision makers.

> In general, the draft looks much better now I think, though there seem

> to be still a lot of language problems I as a non-native speaker am not

> qualified to fix.

> I think "Brazilian" is missing in the title, unless you want to send it

> out in Brazil only. SERPRO can maybe be removed from the title, as

> nobody outside Brazil knows about it.

I don't know, I quite like the title as it stands.

> The description of SERPRO ("a US$ 1 billion annual revenue brazilian

> government owned IT enterprise") could still need improvement, I don't

> like the revenue number in the first paragraph (should go to "About

> SERPRO" at the end), and as I understand it, it is a

> government-controlled IT service company for other government agencies,

> right? If so, that should somehow be mentioned here (and in the "About"

> again). What about "a big government owned IT service company for other

> institutional agencies"?

One solution to this would be to shove it into parenthesis (brackets):

The Servico Federal de Processamento de Dados (SERPRO), (a US$ 1 billion annual revenue Brazilian government owned IT enterprise) announced during the Debian Day Brasil 2008 Porto Alegre that it has selected Debian GNU/Linux as the preferred distribution for its hundreds of GNU/Linux development and production servers.

Be Reasonable, Demand the Impossible!

Jon