Re: Turning out bug #500000

On Saturday 30 August 2008 02:34:02 richard@Jansen IT wrote:
> Unlike commercial software, Debian encourages the active involvement of
> the community in testing the software and reporting bugs and believes
> that this is a central part of the Debian Social Contract. In return,
> Debian users actually have the prospect of seeing their bugs fixed!
>
> hmm. Surely you seem to be missing some point here. Some people are
> trying to change this view. I'm one off them. Nice to meet you.

I presume you mean that you are working to encourage the active involvement of
the community in testing and reporting bugs in commercial software?  That is
good news (particularly if the commercial vendors will listen and fix
things).  We can easily re-phrase that paragraph.  How about...

Debian encourages the active involvement of the community in testing the
software and reporting bugs and believes that this is a central part of the
Debian Social Contract.  In return, Debian users have a good chance of seeing
their bugs fixed instead of having to just live with them.  And, of course,
there are no charges to upgrade to the release containing the fix.

Graham