Re: [Debconf-team] After DebConf Press release?

martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Joey Schulze <joey@infodrom.org> [2008.08.20.1004 +0200]:
> > Press releases are an advertising platform for the Debian project and
> > not for third parties.
>
> Press releases are not an advertising platform, and we are also not
> talking about Debian here. We are talking about DebConf. If you

If you make this distinction between Debian and Debconf you'll have
to ask yourself why we are talking about Debconf press releases on
Debian lists.

> don't like the distinction, well, noone does. I never understood why
> I have to coordinate a separate press "team" for DebConf,
> duplicating resources and infrastructure.

It would indeed be much more helpful if you would have collected
interesting bits during Debconf since you were around and provide
it to the Debian press team in time, so that we could've prepared
a good press release in time for the end of the conference instead
of just moaning about everybody and their dog.

> > An unrelated note: Last year(s) we failed to properly handle and
> > announce the results of GSoC, since the end is in 2 months
> > approximately, this may be something worth to work on in advance.
>
> Again, this is Debian, not DebConf. Unless you are ready to fuse
> press work for both, please keep debconf-team out of this.

Please don't consider everything I write as a personal attack on you.
Not everything is, believe me.  Please also respect that somebody drew
the connection between Debconf and Debian and started this thread on
the Debian list with Cc to some Debconf address.

As long as we're talking about Debian, Debian lists, Debian website
and Debian press releases I'm happy to work together with whoever
provides proper information for a potential press release, even if
such information are originated in Debconf (especially since I consider
it part of Debian and have never understood why you are duplicating
work).

Regards,

	Joey