Re: the openssl incident

I think it would be wise to do up an article.  Not everyone who uses
Debian is tuned into the mailing lists (although they certainly ought
to be) and I think it is consistent with "We will not hide
problems"[1].

As a publicity team, we don't want to generally highlight our
problems, but this seems like a case where it is more important that
people find out and know what to do to fix the problem rather than
find out by having a machine compromised. We can highlight the
positive, in this case we can highlight the quick responses as has
been done by others [2], [3], and that Debian IS incredibly open with
its issues [4].  It would also be good to highlight the Debian
instructions for how to generate new keys for affected packages [5].

[1] http://www.debian.org/social_contract
[2] http://gwolf.org/node/1743
[3] http://www.aigarius.com/blog/2008/05/14/too-similar-to-be-different/
[4] http://www.debian.org/security/2008/dsa-1571