Re: 3rd person singular neutral X 3rd person plural ?

On Thu, 2008-05-15 at 15:54 +1000, ajdlinux@gmail.com wrote:
> On 5/15/08, Andre Felipe Machado <andremachado@techforce.com.br> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > Trying to improve the guidelines for Debian Times [0], I ask about the
> > best way to write the prs (do not apply to the other kinds of texts)
> > A- third person singular neutral (it, the Debian Project)
> > B- third person plural (they, the Debian Project)
> > Regards.
> > Andre Felipe
>
> I don't have any style guides to back me up (yet), but plural just
> doesn't sound right, so I'd go for singular neutral.

I don't have any style guides either, and I am not an english native
speaker.

I do, though, use english all day long both at home and at work. I have
also lived in England for three years and I have to say that the plural
does not sound weird at all to me.

As Andre said, "1- The official language for PRs is UK british
english."

Graham seems to be the list's most knowledgeable person in this matter,
and he does have plenty of resources to back his thoughts (including his
current work experience).

Cassiano Leal