Re: format of date strings : british english proof reader needed

also sprach ajdlinux@gmail.com <ajdlinux@gmail.com> [2008.05.13.0448 +0100]:
> As an Australian English native speaker, I'd go for the format:
>
>     13th May 2008

I think both are used, but the extra two characters seem like waste
and clutter. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_format

"i can stand brute force, but brute reason is quite unbearable. there
 is something unfair about its use. it is hitting below the
 intellect."
                                                        -- oscar wilde