Re: format of date strings : british english proof reader needed

On 5/13/08, Andre Felipe Machado <andremachado@techforce.com.br> wrote:
> Hello,
> We need some british english proof reader(s) agreeing at what is the
> correct formal british english date and time notations.
> And register at the guidelines [0] and [1].
> Regards.
> Andre Felipe

Hi Andre,

As an Australian English native speaker, I'd go for the format:

    13th May 2008

A Commonwealth English speaker would generally pronounce that as 'the
13th of May 2008' but that's not usually how it's written.

--
Andrew Donnellan <><                   ajdlinuxATgmailDOTcom
http://linux.org.au            http://ajdlinux.wordpress.com

"In Communism, they don't have free elections"
                              "So they have to pay to vote?"
                            - English class, 20 Feb 2008