Re: Purchasing the Laudatio Condensed font

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 5:50 AM, martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> wrote:

> There are cheaper offers, but before I go anywhere, even to get the
> okay from Steve, I'd like to hear feedback.
>
> I realise that we don't *need* this font so much, considering we
> have vector versions of the string. However, as in our case, we
> might want to make an occasional modification, and $200 isn't that
> much for Debian.
>
> What do people think?

I'd personally prefer to spend the money (or a bit more) on a
competition/bounty to develop a free version of the font with the
minimum characters needed; say the latin alphabet plus a a few bits of
punctuation. Places that could be used to host such a competition are:

http://www.debianart.org
http://openfontlibrary.org

Also, it seems we have a list -> blog converter :)

http://debian-publicity.blogspot.com/2008/05/purchasing-laudatio-condensed-font.html

--
bye,
pabs