Re: DPN workflow

Hi Alexander, thanks for your reply!

also sprach Alexander Schmehl <alexander@schmehl.info> [2008.04.25.1118 +0200]:
> Well, the idea behind using MoinMoin was to keep the entry barrier
> (technically low) and so make it easy for non technicians to contribute.

I understand. Which is why I was proposing ikiwiki. It is a wiki
with the low barrier of entry you mention, but with a proper
VCS-backend, allowing those of us who prefer VCSs (and vim, etc.) to
go via that route.

> PS: But I'm not that happy with MoinMoin, too. I especially
> dislike, that it keeps texts as very long lines, instead of
> breaking them at ~80; that would make the diffs MoinMoin sends out
> much easier to read!

Ikiwiki is much more relaxed about that, allowing for line breaks
even within links and directives.

My offer stands: I'll set up an instance for you and you can give it
a try. But it will have to wait a couple of days until I am back to
a proper connection.

"you know you're a hopeless geek when you misspell 'date' as 'data'"
                                                   -- branden robinson