Project News: The debimg project

Actually this is more or less promotion of my own project, but I hope
that you consider to add (or permit me to do so) this text (maybe with
some changes) to the next issue of the Debian Project News.

"""
The GPL-3 licensed [http://wiki.debian.org/DebImg debimg] project aims
to create a replacement for debian-cd written in Python, able to create
basic netinst disks in less than 5 seconds.

At the current state, it is already possible to build basic netinst
disks in less than 5 seconds. It currently supports creation of disks
for i386 and amd64 architectures, support for documentation (including
README.*) is missing.

debimg uses a dependency resolver written in Python, which is able to
resolve the dependencies of all packages in main in about 0.5 seconds.

Future versions of debimg will get support for other architectures,
documentation files and the python-libisofs bindings, as well as various
changes to the configuration files in order to be easier for debian-cd
users. They will also get support for disk sets and multi-arch disks.

Developers willing to test debimg can do this by downloading it, and
following the quick start guide in the
[http://lists.debian.org/debian-cd/2008/04/msg00010.html 0.0.3 release
announcement]. Please note that you'll need Python 2.5 or newer.
"""

--
Julian Andres Klode, Fellow of the Free Software Foundation Europe
                     Debian Maintainer | Developer | Ubuntu Member

try Debian: http://www.debian.org/ | my site: http://jak-linux.org/
        jabber: juliank@jabber.org | IRC: juliank (FreeNode, OFTC)
            languages:     German  | English