Re: Bits from the DPL: FTP-master & DAM delegations

Hello,
We need to write something about it. Other projects have better PR [17]
we only could dream of at this moment.
During the FISL 9 [4] , I talked with other interested people about the
problems to get a bigger picture of the problem, and thougth about a
suitable approach.

I imagined something like this, enough to outsiders:

"19 new Debian Developers: The Debian Project improves its new developer
process. Alive and kicking"
At april 18th 2008, 19 new Debian Developers accounts were created.
Debian Project is a volunteer effort, and needs more manpower at almost
every area.
One of the bottlenecks is the Debian Accout Management, and Sam Hocevar,
at his last DPL announcement just before passing position to Steve
McIntyre, the new elected DPL, delegated some important tasks to more
people, distributing the workload a bit more.
The Debian Project needs more developers, and this decision is a measure
to quickly reduce some of the bottlenecks.
Ongoing discussions are being held at its mailing lists to find a better
New Maintainer process management with a more scalable and permanent
solution.
Debian Project has a long history of (fiercely) debating its own key
solutions, and the emerging ones, having the colective wisdom of many,
had been proven under real hard conditions.
You may join the efforts to find the best solutions by participating in
the mailing lists."

Suggestions?
I guess it would be good to have a DPL quotation also.
Regards.
Andre Felipe Machado
http://www.techforce.com.br

[5] Principals, agents, and Debian
http://blog.lordsutch.com/archives/4044
[6] Planets and Resignations
http://etbe.coker.com.au/2008/04/20/planets-resignations/
[7] Planet Debian via Mail
http://www.infodrom.org/~joey/log/?200804201121
[8] Planet as mailing list? Why not DPN?
http://blog.schmehl.info/Debian/planet-and-dpn
[9] Leaving Planet Debian
http://blog.liw.fi/posts/leaving-planet-debian/
[10] The problem with Planet Debian
http://loeki.tv/log/archives/77-The-problem-with-Planet-Debian.html
[11] The Purpose of Planet Debian
http://etbe.coker.com.au/2008/04/21/purpose-of-planet-debian/
[12] Those who seek power deserve it, right?
http://xana.scru.org/xana2/parabola/efnetisacircus.html
[13] I am finally a DD!
http://beta.howtorecognise.mine.nu/blog/I_am_finally_a_DD.html
[14] Debian is alive and kicking adfadf