Re: Debian PR disaster....

On 16/04/08 at 11:17 -0300, Andre Felipe Machado wrote:
> Hello
> I am too sad to comment  such public relations crash now.
> It is a hard real known problem that *must* be quickly solved for sure,
> into our mailing lists, but not sooo publicly.
> Please, please, please do not repeat this method [0] as it severely
> damages debian-publicity team efforts.
> Andre Felipe
>
> [0]
> http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2008-04-15-021-26-OP-DB

What happened to Debian Social Contract #3: "We will not hide problems"?

I was aware that this blog post would not help to improve Debian's
image. And I care a lot about Debian's image. But I care even more about
Debian's health, and I think that this problem is hurting Debian at a
much deeper level than PR, and has been doing so for a long time.

I think that we (DDs) should all feel ashamed that we have not been able
to find a solution to this. It looks a bit selfish: once you are a DD,
you don't have to care about DAM anymore (except when your key expires).

Anyway, when this problem will be fixed (not just worked-around or
postponed), I will very happily blog about it, and try to help reach a
wider audience than my blog post did.