Re: Draft for press announcement "Debian 4.0 frozen"

Andrew Donnellan wrote:
> On 12/13/06, Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> wrote:
>> I'm curious what makes you say the Etch release is less important than
>> the sarge release...
>
> 'Less-important' meaning that users had waited three years for Sarge,
> and Etch is relatively on-time, i.e. users don't need a freeze
> announcement as a sign of something exciting happening this time
> around.

Erm, maybe it's exactly this what makes it important!

Debian got a lot of bad press for the late sarge, how about a lot good
press for in time Etch?

But for this, it must be really in time, which is already too late :)

Maybe a press release about the freeze is a really good idea and
motivates the developers for their good work, and to keep it running to
try at least to be as less late as possible...

Henning